Field Technician Reports To:
Technical Manager EMEA
The Field Technician is required to provide exemplary customer field support. He/she will be responsible for the installation and commissioning as well as the repair and maintenance work of Orenda wind turbines. The Field Technician will also assist in the training of our dealer network.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate for this position illustrates excellent knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical systems. In addition, the critical and analytical thinking required to determine the most effective approach to resolving technical issues to the satisfaction of our customer/dealers
Job Related Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Installation and commissioning of Orenda wind turbines.
- Repair and maintenance of Orenda wind turbines.
- Assist with pre and post-sale technical inquiries.
- Investigate and resolve dealer/customer service issues and problems by coordinating if necessary with others internally and externally, as needed to ensure resolution and satisfaction.
- Build and maintain positive dealer/customer relationships by providing consistency and excellent customer service.
- Assist with the delivery of training for our dealer network.
- Contribute to the development of new methods and techniques to improve our product and service.
- Assist with the improvement of customer support practices and procedures.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience of wind turbine engineering preferable.
- Practical experience of mechanical and hydraulic engineering.
- A good knowledge of electrical engineering/systems preferable.
- Based in Central Scotland with a willingness to travel is essential.
- Ability to adapt and problem solve in the field.
- Clean driving license.
- Effective problem identification and resolution skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, management, dealers and customers.