Indian Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association (IWTMA) in partnership with Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) is hosting Windergy in New Delhi, India this year, April 25-27.
The Windergy conference is the largest annual conference and exhibition for wind energy in the world. Companies and manufacturers in the industry will be presenting their innovations in order to ‘pave the way for a more efficient, effective and sustainable energy future.’
According to their press release, here’s a snapshot of how wind energy is setting records in India:
• Over 27000 MW installed capacity with over 3000 MW installed in FY 2015-16.
• INR 25,000 crores (USD 3.73 billion) of total investment made in manufacturing in India
• A robust time-tested manufacturing capacity of 9,500 MW, which can be ramped upto 15,000 MW
• Estimated wind energy potential in the country is 302 GW at 100 meters hub height
• Several leading Original Equipment Manufacturers have undertaken Research and Development to develop technology to harness wind energy at 120 meters hub height.
• Wind Energy has an export potential of USD 2 Billion per annum – which is currently estimated 5 million per annum
• India has declared at UNCOP21 that it will achieve 40% cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel based energy resources by 2030
• In the next 6 years, the Wind Energy sector expected to grow @ of 6 GW per annum to achieve the targets
To register for this wind energy event, you can purchase tickets on the Windergy website.